Friday, October 9, 2020

Fiction Award!

 Some personal news: a short story of mine about a father-daughter road trip, YOUNG AMERICANS, was just chosen by author and contest judge Karen Dionne to win first place in the Marguerite McGlinn Prize for Fiction at Philadelphia Stories! I'm astounded at this news, and honored to have my work included in the latest issue of Philadelphia Stories. I'm also excited to be invited to give a public reading of my work at the Push to Publish conference taking place (virtually) on October 10, 2020. 


While I've made a living as a lecturer and public speaker for decades, it will be the first time I have the honor of reading my own fiction to a real audience. Nerves! Many thanks to Karen Dionne (whose novel THE MARSH KING'S DAUGHTER is a masterpiece of tension and finely-spun detail) and to the many good people at Philadelphia Stories for their faith in my work. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment